SOUTH KOREAN ECONOMY: THE GLOBAL TRADE REVENUE REALITY
Korean Exports are now Down 8.2%
One of the most-followed bellwethers for global growth just flashed another death-knell warning.
- Economy Unexpectedly Plunges Most In A Decade,
- South Korea’s gross domestic product unexpectedly shrank in Q1, dropping 0.3% QoQ (against expectations of a 0.3% rise).
- This is the biggest contraction in a decade as declining investment and exports take a toll on Asia’s fourth-largest economy.
- South Korea is highly exposed to slowing in global growth and the technology sector, which have combined to crimp the nation’s GDP in recent quarters,
- As growth has slowed recently, the government unveiled a supplementary package of 6.7 trillion won ($5.9 billion) comes on top of a main budget that is already a record and a hefty increase from last year
- Band of Korea Governor Lee Ju-yeol blamed weakening exports, particularly of semiconductors, and slowing business investment for the growth downgrade.
- Of course, none of this is a problem for semiconductor company's stocks - which are at a record high (SEE FOLLOWING CHART), despite collapsing earnings expectations????
[SITE INDEX -- TIPPING POINTS - SHRINKING REVENUE GROWTH RATES]
A PUBLIC SOURCED ARTICLE FOR MATASII
MATASII RESEARCH ANALYSIS & SYNTHESIS WAS SOURCED FROM:
SOURCE: 04-24-19 - - "Canary Meet Coalmine: South Korean Economy Unexpectedly Plunges Most In A Decade"
FAIR USE NOTICE This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
NOTICE Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. MATASII.com does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.