THE MARKET'S "ZERO CORPORATE TAXES" SUGAR HIGH!
- Twice as many companies are paying zero taxes under Trump tax plan.
- In its first year, the number of companies paying no taxes went from 30 to 60.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act lowered the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent.
- Examples include Market Cap giants such as:
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Netflix Inc.,
- Chevron Corp.,
- Eli Lilly and Co.,
- Deere & Co.
- Identified companies were "able to zero out their federal income taxes on $79 billion in U.S. pretax income," according to an ITEP report, which was released 04-11-19. To compile the list, ITEP analyzed the 2018 financial filings of the country's largest 560 publicly-held companies.
"Instead of paying $16.4 billion in taxes, as the new 21 percent corporate tax rate requires, these companies enjoyed a net corporate tax rebate of $4.3 billion, blowing a $20.7 billion hole in the federal budget last year."
- Trump's tax cut bill slashed the corporate tax rate and eliminated and tightened certain deductions, while providing other new tax breaks to companies. The cut in the corporate tax rate alone will save corporations $1.35 trillion over the next 10 years, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, which reports to the Senate and House finance and budget committees.
[SITE INDEX -- MATA - FUNDAMENTALS - EARNINGS]
MATA: FUNDAMENTALS - EARNINGS
MATASII RESEARCH ANALYSIS & SYNTHESIS WAS SOURCED FROM:
SOURCE: 04-12-19 - NBC News - "Twice as many companies paying zero taxes under Trump tax plan"
FAIR USE NOTICE This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
NOTICE Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. MATASII.com does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.